What is PEMF Therapy?
PEMF full form is Pulsed Electromagnetic Fields. PEMF therapy is invisible & Non invasive. It is a very simple and effective method, and is done by influencing the individual either with a magnetic field packed in impulse bundles. Invisible magnetic field lines penetrate all cells in the body at the same time, down to the cellular level. This magnetic field lines reach the parts of the body that cannot be impacted efficiently with other methods.
PEMF waves can reach the cellular areas of the body and can heal an imbalance without touching anything. Only PEMF therapy can do this level of deep tissue treatment. Magnetic fields can penetrate all materials and hence It can be even used over Plaster cast. It will not damage any implants like plates & fixators because no damaging heat is produced.
It is clinically proved that this kind of therapy has no side-effects. It can also be used with traditional, surgical, physiotherapeutic, and other methods.
How PEMF therapy works :
It is a low frequency electromagnetic pulse with a range from 0.25 Hz - 50 Hz. Electrical energy is used to project a series of magnetic pulses through tissue, where each magnetic pulse instigate small electrical signals which stimulate & provide a virtual massage for the cells.
Overall Process :
Energy potentials absorbed by the body
Stimulates cells activities & metabolism
Increase blood circulation & oxygenation
Initiate Detoxification process
Promote muscle relaxation
Accelerate body’s self-healing mechanism
Benefits of PEMF Therapy
- Repair damaged and diseased tissue
- Decreased pain
- Reduced inflammation, swelling, and irritation
- Increased range of motion
- Faster functional recovery
- Reduced muscle loss after surgery
- Increased tensile strength in ligaments
- Faster healing of skin wounds
- Enhanced capillary formation
- Acceleration of nerve regeneration
- Decreased tissue necrosis.
- Increase the absorption level of cellular oxygen up to 200%
- Enhance the synthesis of protein in the cells
- Opening and dilating the arteries & capillaries circulation is increased
- Revitalize endorphins, serotonin, and the body’s natural healing process
- Helps in increasing bone density and muscle mass
- Energy to Cells
- Cell Hydration
- Bone Density
- Lean Muscle Mass
- Range of Motion
- Immune System
- Nerve and Muscle Response
Also Visit: What is Cold Laser Therapy?