Do’s and Don’ts for Home Quarantine
The coronavirus pandemic has caused great devastation all over the world. Rapid transmission of the virus from one human to another is speciality of the coronavirus. So, according to the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, if you came in contact with the infected people then isolation for 14 has become important nowadays. Likewise, people who have arrived from different nations should be quarantined. Other than these, people who are encountering the symptoms of respiratory infection are advised to remain in the in-home isolation for at least 14 days till they become healthy. To stop the spread of this deadly virus, home isolation has become essential these days. Also, while being in an home quarantine, you need to follow certain do’s and don’ts to avoid the spread of the infection and stay healthy. Read below to understand all of it.
Do’s to follow in Home Quarantine
- When you are in self isolation for 14 days, stay in a room with proper ventilation and attached washroom. If you are having covid symptoms then prefer to stay away from your family members. Focus on hygiene and follow all the rules like wear a mask, hand sanitization and maintain physical distancing.
- Eat nutritious food: Make sure that you have a balanced and nutritious diet consistently.
- Include fruits and vegetables which are having vitamin C, proteins, and other nutrients in your every day diet.
- Try not to eat junk foods, processed foods, and food sources containing trans fats or saturated fats.
- Create a meal plan and follow it regularly.
- Do not eat snacks instead of meals at any cost.
- Stay Hydrated: Make sure that you drink a lot of water and fluids (healthy) when you are in home quarantine. Drink a minimum of 8 to 10 glasses of water daily. Likewise, you can have citrus fruit juices, like lemonade, orange juice and others.
- Exercise: Try to exercise daily during your home quarantine. Regular exercise helps you stay fit and helps in fast recovery. Try different breathing exercise and yoga poses in your room. While performing exercise ensure that you don’t do over-effort. Stop, if feeling uncomfortable or experiencing short breath or any kind of pain.
- Mental Health is important too: Being in a single room for days may affect your mental health. You may feel low or confused or experience uneasiness and stress. Following certain soothing and relaxing techniques can assist you in maintaining a good mental health.
- Practice yoga and meditation.
- Have a lot of sleep.
- Take a break from the news and all social media.
- Interact with your friends and family through a video call.
- Regularly clean and sanitize the frequent touch surfaces. It includes door handles, towel holders, taps, toilet surfaces, bed-casings, and others.
- Wash your hands regularly with hand wash or any other soap and sanitize your hands with alcohol based hand sanitizer.
- Wear a face mask, while interacting with anybody, to prevent the spread of virus. If you are wearing a surgical mask then replace the mask with another one every 6 to 8 hours, and disposed the used one in a closed dustbin.
- Avoid your children, elderly relatives, pregnant ladies, and individuals having co-morbidities, like high blood pressure, diabetes and so on in the house.
- Garments and other cloth of the person who is home quarantine should to be cleaned separately with great cleanser and antiseptic liquid and should be dried under the sun only. Additionally, the utensils used by quarantined people, like plate, water glass, spoon, cup, and different items, must be washed separately.
- All the mask used by caregiver or patient must be sanitized by an alcohol based disinfectant and afterward disposed off appropriately.
- On the off chance that you end up experiencing any discomforting indications, like cough, fever, exhaustion, dehydration, or trouble breathing, without any delay contact your closest hospital or doctor immediately.
Don’ts to follow in Home Quarantine
- Do not to share any of your personal household items, like towels, spoons, drinking glasses, teacups, bedding etc with anyone.
- Do not take any medicine on your own, first consult with a qualified doctor.
- Do not get in close contact with your relatives. Try to stay in an isolated room for the quarantine period.
- Do not touch your mouth, nose, and eyes with your unwashed hands or unsanitized hands.
- Do not use any public transport for visiting the doctor or hospital. Call an ambulance or a private vehicle
Helpful Tips for Family Members of Home Quarantined People:
When you are in home quarantine, not only you, your family members or relatives also need to stay safe and avoid the spread of this deadly virus.
- Just one family member should deal with the home quarantined person. Giving the food, collecting items like utensils and clothes to wash, giving meds, and other important activities.
- Try not to get in direct contact with the isolated individual. Also, abstain from shaking the used bedding and cloth.
- Use disposable gloves and masks when cleaning the infected persons room, dirty cloth and different surfaces.
- After removing hand gloves and mask, wash your hands with soap and water and then sanitize it.
- Do not allow any visitor to meet the quarantined family member.
Now you understand what to do and what not to do to make sure your well-being when you are isolated or at home quarantine, try to follow every one of these tips to stay healthy. In the event that you have any questions, contact us at Healing Hands Advanced Physiotherapy Clinic on Healinghandsblr@gmail.com . Our highly trained Doctor and experienced medical professionals will be happy to help you.
Share it with others…