International Yoga Day: 5 Benefits OF Doing Yoga Daily
International Yoga Day is celebrated every year on 21st June. It is celebrated globally to create awareness about yoga and it’s benefits. In 2015, United Nations General Assembly declared June 21st as International Yoga Day. It was declared after Indian government decides to dedicate a day for yoga. Yoga is an ancient way to uplift people physically, mentally and spiritually.
Why June 21 is selected as International Yoga day?? June 21 is selected because it is the longest day of the year in northern hemisphere and it also holds many special significance in other parts of the world.
Yoga is derived from a sanskrit world called “Yuji” which means union. Few people get confused yoga as an art form or for a particular religion. Yoga is neither an art form nor a religion. Yoga is a form of exercise which not makes you physically fit but also harmonize your mind and soul. Yoga consists of meditation, breathing exercise and poses which relax your body. Yoga also reduce your stress level. By doing yoga regularly you will be physically fit and mentally happy. It provides you the inner peace.
Physical practices in yoga involves postures which is known as Asanas. The Asanas will keep your body healthy. Mental practices in yoga involves meditation which is also known as dhyana and breathing exercises which is also known as Pranayama. Do Pranayama and Dhyana to discipline your mind.
International Yoga Day: 5 Benefits of doing Yoga Daily
- Overall Fitness: Doing yoga regularly improves mobility, flexibility and over all balance of your body. It also strengthen your body posture.
- Improve Immunity: Practicing yoga daily improves your immunity by lowering the inflammatory markers in the body. Yoga asanas will boast up the muscles and vital organs.
- Reduce Stress: Yoga reduces the stress hormone cortisol. Yoga will help you to get relaxed. Disturbed mind can be calmed by doing yoga regularly.
- Improves Heart Health: Yoga is an excellent way to keep your heart healthy. Yoga reduces blood cholesterol, blood pressure and it also improves blood circulation.
- Improve Quality of Life: Many studies have found that yoga reduce stress, anxiety, depression, chronic pain and promotes good sleep, enhances spiritual, emotional and overall well-being.
So, if you want to be physically fit and mentally happy then do yoga daily.
Also Read: 3 Ways to prevent lower back pain
Very nicely explained about the benefits of Yoga Dr. Vinayak 😊😊
Thank you so much 🙏🙏
Thank you ma’am for appreciating the effort 😊
Very nice information, well explained. Thanks!!
Good information about YOGA and it’s significance. Very crisp and precise article.